Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rooms

Over the years, my wife and I have usually managed to decode the cute but confusing gender signs sometimes put
on restaurants' restroom doors (Buoys and Gulls, Laddies and Lassies, etc.), but every so often we get stumped.

Recently my wife Davina wandered off in search of the ladies's room and found herself confronted by two marked
doors. One was labeled "Bronco," and the other was designated "Cactus." Completely baffled, she stopped a
restaurant employee passing by. "Excuse me; I need to use the restroom," Davina said.

Gesturing toward the doors, she asked, "Which one should I use?"

"Actually, we would prefer you to go there," the employee said, pointing to a door down the hall marked "Ladies."

"Bronco and Cactus are private dining rooms

No comments: